Application and Acceptance Process
The certification process is rigorous but the key steps are simple:
- CLICK TO REGISTER to be granted access to our secure online portal. Once registered, you will receive an email giving you login access to your application in our secure portal.
- Login (top right hand corner of our website) using your username and password provided to you in email. You will find help-information and other guidance to assist you through the application process. Upon successful login, you will find your name at the top right-hand corner of the secure portal. Click on it to navigate to your application.
- The application asks for your business type (sole proprietor, partnership, incorporation). Your application will be specific to the type. The application has save capabilities meaning you can complete as little or as much of the required information at any time and SAVE to come back later.
- REMIT the fee via our Moneris payment system as directed within the application using a credit card.
- Documentation – our application has the functionality to upload the required documents. Please upload as many as you wish which we will review in advance of your site visit (reducing our onsite time with you). Our preference is that you upload all of the required documentation so that we can focus on you and your business during the site visit.
Documentation required to be made available by uploading into the application and/or made available during the site visit:
Once certification is confirmed, a confirmation package including a Certificate will be sent to you.
- When you have completed the application in full, click SUBMIT
- WBE Canada will then review your application and schedule a site visit to be conducted by one of our trained assessors. The assessor will review any outstanding company documentation, verify information in your application, and most importantly, get to know you and your business.
- Once certification is confirmed, a confirmation package including a Certificate will be sent to you.
- The application should be completed by the sole owner, majority shareholder, or general partner of the company/partnership seeking certification, as applicable.
- Once certified by WBE Canada, basic company information will be provided to the WBE Canada network of organizations seeking vendors and business partners.
- WBE Canada reserves the right to ask questions in addition to those listed in the application, as may be required.
For more information, please e-mail jpopowycz(at)wbecanada(dot)org