Women Business Enterprises Canada Certification
Founded in 2009, WBE Canada is the largest certifying body for Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), who sell to corporate and government buyers. WBE Canada certifies Canadian B2B businesses that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by women.
Certification is built on the Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) US model and our rigorous standard of certification is recognized by such giants as IBM, General Motors, Kellogg’s, Accenture, and top Canadian Banks like BMO, TD Bank, RBC and others.
Did you know?
- Women make or influence 85% of all purchasing decisions.
- Women retain ownership in 47% of Canada’s 1.6 million small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and majority ownership in 17% of Canadian SMEs.
- Women start businesses at twice the rate as men but don’t achieve the same growth as their male counterparts.
- Women-owned businesses average annual revenue: $563,000, compared to an average of $1.1 million for male-owned businesses.
- Only 37% of majority female-owned SMEs are categorized as ‘high growth’ compared to 63% of majority male-owned firms.
- Women-led firms are under-represented as suppliers to corporate Canada. Under 5% of corporate and government contracts are awarded to women business enterprises.
- Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) memberships are increasing year over year at an average rate of 46%.
WBE Canada is a strong supporter of WBEs and their inclusion in corporate and government supply chains. Our certified WBEs gain direct access to educational resources, our supportive network of WBEs, procurement professionals, corporate and government leaders.
We promote achievements of our community members and celebrate their successes at our Annual Conference and through our social media channels.
Thanks to our strategic partners we are able to create strong support networks, helping Canadian WBEs succeed in Canada, the US and beyond.